Monday, 26 November 2012

30 minutes, 45 at a push ...

Chiddingfold Forest, 18 May 2012

As I left Twickenham early this afternoon it was 17°C and a little clammy; cloud covered the sky. My route home, as it often does, passed the entrance to Botany Bay. Well it would be rude not to stop ...

As I crossed the threshold and into the main track the air became damp as light drizzle began to fall. The temperature had dropped by at least several degrees and I considered turning back (well only for a second you understand) as time was limited - I needed a result and quick. I had walked no further than 50 metres when I spotted my prize, a male Wood White resting amongst the emerging bracken fronds which was quickly followed by a second nearby. With the temperature and ambient conditions restricting flight, both were very approachable.

One of my favourite butterflies ...



No comments:

Post a Comment