Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Out and about ...

West Sussex, 23 May 2012

With just 45 minutes to spare before heading off to collect my son, I arrived at a very hot and humid Springhead Hill at 3pm. A quick scout around produced a number of species including Dingy Skipper, Grizzled Skipper, Holly Blue, Small Blue and five Duke of Burgundy, including a pristine egg-laying female.

Before dinner I took myself off for a short walk. I headed off through the small copse to the rear of my house and out into the area known locally as Alder Platt Meadow. I was rather pleased I did, as after only a short time I located several Grizzled Skipper taking in the last of the afternoon sun before going down to roost; the female below my favourite. I have never seen Grizzled Skipper in this location before, though I expect this is more down to an oversight on my part than a new colony.

With perfect light and calm conditions I set to work …


No comments:

Post a Comment