Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Brimstone (revisited) ...

Ashpark Wood, 6 May 2013

With good numbers of Brimstone currently around, I decided to pay them another visit.

It wasn’t until mid-afternoon that I finally got out, and stayed until around 6.30pm. During this time I watched numerous males and several females going about their daily business. I decided to concentrate my efforts solely on photographing the females; and was more than pleased with one which finally settled for a brief time on its larval food plant, Alder Buckthorn (Frangula alnus). A second, found much later in the day, kept going to rest and would then move on; undoubtedly having not found a suitable roost site.

Species seen:

Small Tortoiseshell
Peacock
Comma
Holly Blue
Large White
Brimstone
Orange Tip
Green-veined White


No comments:

Post a Comment