Friday, 30 November 2012

Out of the blue …

Springhead Hill, 18 July 2012

A brief visit yesterday afternoon was more than enough to tempt a return visit earlier today to the beautiful Springhead Hill in West Sussex. Initially arriving at 6am, the light was poor and continuous drizzle ruined any chance of a decent photograph. I quickly decided to leave and returned shortly after 8am, by which time the drizzle had almost stopped and a trace of blue was just starting to peep from behind the wind blown covers. As I walked through the small field the ground below me moved, as numerous Meadow Brown, Marbled White and good numbers of freshly emerged Chalkhill Blue lifted from the beautiful herb filled meadow. The scent of marjoram, thyme and numerous other exotic perfumes filled the air around me.

An hour later I had to leave …

No comments:

Post a Comment